Wednesday, 17 July 2013

Chaos Theory

It has been quite some time since I last blogged here. Well, I have been up to some weird experiment with my life and I thought it would be good to keep you guys in the loop. Actually the real reason for this post is the fact that the experiment has hit a snag.

Ever heard of biphasic sleep?? Well, it is a sleeping schedule where you have a nap in the evening and another longer on towards morning. You also need to have a 30 minute nap somewhere during the day to offset the energy slump that comes during the early afternoon period and avoid being groggy for the rest of the day. With the schedule you have more time to do your stuff and you are more productive.

However, I missed the 30 minute nap yesterday as I was helping someone with her thesis. To add to that, I was rained on as I was headed to my apartment from school in the evening. My evening nap was also rudely interrupted by a neighbor who wanted me to open the gate for them. At that time, I still had 30 minutes remaining in my nap time and I decided to sleep them away.

This must have been the thing that got my schedule shot to pieces. Even though I set an alarm to wake me up at 9 pm, I only woke up at 2 am in the morning. I had actually planned to have supper when I woke up so I was in a dilemma as to whether to have dinner/breakfast or wait till morning. Yet another mistake, I decided to eat at that time and work on some diagrams I was supposed to have completed when i was sleeping.

At around 5 am, I decided to go back to bed and offset the tiredness that I was feeling. I ended up waking up at 7 am in the morning and I had a class starting at 8. Truth be told, I have skipped a shower (I barely even washed my face), and rushed to the computer lab to write this blog post. I am intending to go back later during the day and take that shower and generally put my things back in order. I have lots of dirty dishes waiting for me.

I am not intending to abandon the biphasic sleeping pattern. It has worked wonders for me and i tend to do more nowadays. The only thing that I will need to do is have more discipline and make sure my schedule is not interrupted. I will also blog more on this and keep you updated. Good day!!
Post a Comment